Welcome to my personal blog. I created this website as a project for my J 452 class, Strategic Public Relations Writing, at the University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication. My blog will closely follow the public relations practices of local nonprofit organizations such as FOOD for Lane County, NextStep Recycling and the Greenhill Humane Society. I plan on analyzing all available resources, such as Facebook and Twitter accounts and blogs, as well as conducting personal interviews whenever possible. My objective here is to learn and then practice PR practices in the industry, as well as to connect with prospective employers. I am also interested in politics and working with the government sector, which may reflect itself in my writing. Feel free to follow my Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
- #LACDMH, @LAPublicLibrary & @LAHomeless collaborate in service delivery to homeless, via @ELGL50: bit.ly/2elIuT8 #localgov 9 months ago
- RT @bbenn4: Been thinking abt what accountability looks like for those of us working in communities. I wrote abt it for @ELGL50 https://t.c… 10 months ago
- #SCOTUS to decide when state & #localgov must enforce private actor compliance w/ ADA, via @ICMA: bit.ly/2crzIUq 10 months ago
- Thinking about transitioning to a job outside #localgov? @caseyearp has some thoughts, via @ELGL50: bit.ly/2c5c5jt 10 months ago
- Don Warn, @townofparkerco Finance Director, offers his opinion on how #localgov should change, via @ELGL50: bit.ly/2bGZOQG 10 months ago